Sunday, June 6, 2010

In a nutshell...

Well this week has been interesting. I've started a new job so I am in training mode right now. Honestly...I'm not sure about this job yet. It has many pros and cons and well...I'm just not sure. I am hoping it is only for the summer but you never can tell. Anyway, it feels like I haven't had a moment to breathe this week. I hate being stressed but I've had a few things on my mind lately that are not helping the mission to remain stress free this summer. But that is life I suppose. Well anyway yesterday my week seemed to culminate in one moment...one moment that said all.

I should back up a little. A couple very close friends of mine are currently pregnant. I'm so excited for them. Today was one such friend's baby shower. So yesterday I was at Walmart picking up a card and one last baby item to throw in the bag of baby goodies. When I reached the register, the cashier asked me if I had a little one. I said no and he said, "Oh you're going to a shower?" "Yup, my good friend is having a baby," I said. "Does that make you feel like you should be having a baby?" he asked. "No, I've got some time yet," already I had a feeling that I really just wanted to stop this conversation but instead he went on. "Yeah, well lots of my friends are getting married and having babies and I feel like I should. Then I just think, man I am no where near getting married or having kids. But I guess I still have some time too, I'm only 21. And you don't look like you're anywhere near 30 so you've probably got time too." Then I punched him in the face.

OK, maybe I didn't really punch him but instead said, "yes, I still have some time," and took my bags and left. Apparently when you are a 21 year old male, you think women hit menopause at 30. So yes, that is my week in a nutshell...thankfully a new week starts tomorrow. I pray this new week will be better...and that I can avoid his line at Walmart in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment